I have finally gotten the specific page captures overhaul completed. It is now available in BETA testing for those of you who are eager to try it out.
Please note that this new feature required a VERY hefty overhaul to my code, so -as always- please keep me informed of any oddities you encounter. I thoroughly tested everything, but bugs can always slip through.
Now, for the details:
This feature will allow you to capture a specific page on a website. For instance, a specific page URL to capture would look like:
I also added support to allow for capture of dynamic URLs! I do not believe anyone else supports that ability and -believe me- it wasn't easy to get working! lol. A dynamic page is something like:
I even wrote in support ('cause I knew you'd ask! hah) to allow you to capture custom-sizes and full-length thumbnails of specific pages. So, I think your options are nearly limitless now.
Ok, so to take advantage of this feature is fairly simple and straightforward. If you just want a standard capture (i.e. default size), you simply put the entire Url in your request and you add:
somewhere in the URL. An example could look like:
*My auth information was removed, but you can put yours in and copy/paste into a browser, if you want to test it.
Note: Do NOT put these variables after the &stwUrl= portion of your request or else the captured page will NOT be correct!
Now, to capture specific pages in full or custom-sizes, you just use:
in conjunction with the appropriate variable:
*for a custom size
I welcome any and all feedback (good or bad) on this powerful new feature and look forward to seeing some creative applications!